An ever-updating list of what's available for Victorian Business.
Where we are now...
Hey everyone, here's a little run-down of where we stand with government funding, related to Victoria.
If you're Victorian and you're reading this, we're on the road back! While some of these programs are still technically open or ongoing, most are now closed off to new applications.
*NEW* Sustaining Creative Workers LINK
The First Peoples’ COVID-19 Business Support Fund — Extension provides additional support to eligible Victorian Aboriginal businesses that have been affected by trading restrictions introduced to slow the spread of COVID-19.
- This extension program is for eligible Aboriginal businesses that have not received funding under the First Peoples’ COVID-19 Support Fund that closed on 26 March 2021. Businesses that did receive this previous funding may be eligible for an additional automatic payment amount under the Program.
- Aboriginal businesses that have already received funding through the Business Costs Assistance Program/s or Small Business COVID Hardship Fund are not eligible for funding under this program.
Grants can be used to help to meet business costs including rent and salaries, develop marketing activities or pivot the business offering in response to the current environment. A full list of uses can be found below.
Eligible businesses will be provided with a one-off grant of $6000.
To be eligible, businesses must be a certified Victorian Aboriginal business through Kinaway Chamber of Commerce (Kinaway).
You can find out more about the process of certification on the Kinaway website.
Before applying, please read the information provided on this page, including the program guidelines and frequently asked questions (FAQs). Applicants must also ensure they have the required documentation before they apply.
CLOSES 22 NOVEMBER
*UPDATED* First Peoples’ COVID-19 Business Support Fund – Extension LINK
The Victorian Government’s Sustaining Creative Workers initiative provides quick-response grants to individual creative practitioners as well as creative collectives and micro-organisations to help them through the challenges of the pandemic and plan for reactivation.
Quick-response grants of up to $5000 are available for creative practitioners, including sole traders and freelancers, and grants of up to $10,000 for creative collectives, micro-organisations and businesses (those with less than five full time equivalent staff).
CLOSES 7TH DECEMBER 2021
*ONGOING* Business Cost Assistance Program LINK
The BCAP has been slowly adding extra chunks of funding, and we've just received the latest amounts announced on 30/9.
- $1,000 for non-employing business
- $2,8000 if annual payroll below $650,000
- $5,600 if between $650,000 and $3 million
- $8,400 if above $3 million
- For period 1-29 October 2021 for the majority of businesses & up to 13 November for a select few.
Eligible recipients will be paid per fortnight, and there has been no indication yet as to how evidence of payroll amounts is provided.
*ONGOING* Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund LINK
The LHVF, as with the BCAP, has been increasing its top up amounts over the course of our lockdowns. The announcement on the 30/9 wasn't anything new, but a continuation of the existing funding.
Under the current lockdown, here is what you can expect:
- Based on capacity 0-199 people, you receive $5,000 per fortnight
- Based on capacity 200-499 people, you receive $10,000 per fortnight
- Based on capacity 500+ people, you receive $20,000 per fortnight
- Under lockdown 6, an extra $2,000 is available to CBD located businesses.
It's important to remember, as mentioned in the opening, if you are not a part of this program, it's likely too late for you to join.
*ONGOING* COVID-19 Disaster Payment LINK
This is a lump sum payment to help workers unable to earn income due to a COVID-19 state public health order. This may involve a lockdown, hotspot or movement restrictions. If you are unable to work:
- $750 per week if you normally work more than 20 hours, up from $600 previously
- $450 per week if you normally work between 8 & 20 hours, up from $375 previously
Some of the other info:
- You didn’t get an income support payment (from Centrelink)
- You didn’t get the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment
- You lost income and didn’t have any appropriate paid (pandemic) leave entitlement
- Must have lost more than 8 hours or a full day of work
- Over 17 years of age
- Available to all residents and holders of permitted working visa
- Applications via Services Australia (link above)
*ONGOING* Commercial Tenancy Relief Scheme LINK
The Commercial Tenancy Relief Scheme has been reintroduced by the Victorian Government to alleviate the financial hardship faced by tenants and landlords as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Some of the key notes:
- Must be down at least 30%
- Comparing consecutive 3 month periods between April & September 2021 and the same period in 2019
- Reduction in rent equal to the reduction in turnover
- At least half much be waived, rest deferred
- Applies for rent payable from 28 July 2021
- Mandatory check-in point 30 September 2021
- 25% discount on land tax
- access to a hardship fund for small landlords LINK
*CLOSED* Business Cost Assistance Program - Construction
The BCAP has now added additional eligible ANZSIC codes (mostly related to construction) for the following LGA's: Metropolitan Melbourne, The City of Greater Geelong, Mitchell Shire, & Surf Coast Shire.
At a high level
- For the period 21 September 2021 to 4 October 2021
- Business must have incurred costs
- Business must have been unable to operate
- Business must not have received BCAP2 or Small Business COVID Hardship Fund payment
- Eligible ANZSIC codes in the link above
One-off grant amounts:
- $2,000 for non-employing
- $2,800 payroll up to $650,000
- $5,600 payroll up to $3M
- $8,400 payroll $3M to $10M
Closed 9 November 2021
*CLOSED* COVIDSafe Outdoor Activation Voucher Program
The Victorian Government’s $14.5 million COVIDSafe Outdoor Activation Voucher Program is providing more than 7000 Victorian businesses, community organisations, not-for-profits and trader associations with vouchers for $2000 to support initiatives such as outdoor hospitality and entertainment.
The COVIDSafe Outdoor Activation Voucher Program will assist businesses across the state to move activities outdoors by supporting their investment in equipment, permits and other tools needed to offer safe retail, personal services, recreation and dining options for the Victorian public during the remainder of 2021 and beyond.
For more information visit the COVIDSafe Outdoor Activation Voucher Program page on the Victorian Government website.
This program is now closed.
*CLOSED* Small Business COVID Hardship Fund
Applications for this program closed at 11:59 pm on Friday 10 September 2021.
*CLOSED* Live Performance Support Program (Suppliers) Round Two
- $200 - $500 per event
- Closes 8 September 2021
- Open to businesses who supply to "live performance events"
- ABN before 27-May-21
- Selected ANZSIC Codes
*CLOSED* Live Performance Support Program (Presenters) Round Two
- $7,000 for first event, $5,000 for second
- Closes 8 September 2021
- Open to businesses who are presenter of a "live performance events"
- GST before 27 May 2021
*CLOSED* Digital Adaptation Program
- $1,200 rebate – equivalent to 12 months subscription cost
- Available for new and upgrades to existing tools
- Closes 5 December 2021, or until funds exhausted
*CLOSED* Victorian Events Support Package
- Package to support event organisers, hosts and suppliers; grants of up to $10,000 for suppliers to up to $25,000 event organisers ($250,000 for major events).