A few changes to the existing Victorian Small Business Digital Adaption Program (Rebate), making it easier to apply than before.
While in my last blog, I did tout to "always adapt", I was not referring to Business Victoria adapting (changing) the program.
Businesses that received a rebate through an earlier program round are not eligible to receive a further rebate. Only one successful rebate is allowed per eligible ABN for all program rounds.
While it's a bit of a "been there done that" for most eligible businesses, many missed out due to the registration date (previously 13 September 2019) or were preoccupied with competing priorities during the depth of lockdowns.
See ABN Checker at the link if unsure.
TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO KNOW
- support to build digital capacity
- $1,200 rebate – equivalent to “at least” 12 months
- available for new and upgrades to existing tools
- free training and workshops run by Business Victoria
- closes 18 July 2022, or until funds exhausted
The need to pre-register no longer applies. You only need to check your eligibility (ABN Checker), trial and apply.
Once you provide evidence of purchase, use said purchase for six weeks. The rebate will be received as a tax-free lump sum of $1,200.
This will only be paid after product purchase and only from a listed supplier.
AM I ELIGIBLE?
Let's check the list:
- operate a business located in Victoria that has been in operation before or since 28 March 2021
- held the same ABN before or since 28 March 2021
- sole trader, micro business or small business
- operate in Victoria
- new customer to product or substantially upgrading
- pay for subscription yourself (not through an advisor)
- one rebate per ABN
- TRIAL - sign up for product trials, have a play
- PURCHASE - commit, purchase product
- PROVE - apply for rebate, use for six weeks, get rebate
- PARTY - have a beer
After you purchase the product, you apply for the rebate, then after six weeks you'll be contacted to confirm "continued use'. The rebate will then be paid within ten working days.
- add a shop to your website
- dump MYOB, jump onto Xero
- change your POS to Square
- install Mr Yum
Given the structure of the rebate, $1,200 could give you 12-18 months of Xero or indirectly, pay for Xero for a few months and support from your favourite accounts.
DIGITAL PRODUCT SUPPLIERS
The rebate is available for a select number of suppliers.
- Australian Good Food Guide – food and beverage
- Ecwid Inc. – end-to-end retail
- Intuit QuickBooks – business management
- Lawpath – legal services
- Mr Yum – food and beverage
- MYOB – business management
- Reckon Limited – business management
- ServiceM8 – trades job management
- Shopify – end-to-end retail
- Square – end-to-end retail
- Squarespace – website creation and e-commerce platform
- Trade Trak —–trades job management
- Victorian Automobile Chamber of Commerce (VACC) – automotive services
- Xero* – business management
*clients must sign up directly (not through Illumin8) to be eligible
WANT TO KNOW MORE
Full details and registrations are available here